Golaem Crowd 2.1 Unleashes Crowds Rendering
Golaem releases a new version of its plugin for Autodesk Maya : Golaem Crowd 2.1, including new rendering proxys for Maya, optimized rendering performances as well as bug fixes.
Lightning Fast Rendering
The new Maya rendering proxys will enables artists to quickly test their crowd rendering, launch distributed renders from Maya and design their crowd shaders directly in the hypershade.
- Renderman Maya Proxy: load your crowds .rib file and render them
- V-Ray Maya Proxy: easily render crowds .vrscene
Golaem Crowd rendering performances have also been optimized. Particularly, the Mental Ray rendering plugin is up to 10x faster while being less memory consuming.
Mental Ray Plugin performances comparison on Intel Core i7 X990 (1 character = 5590 triangles)
Behavior Editor Improvements
Golaem Crowd 2.1 improves collaboration by enabling to easily share behaviors or reuse them in different projects.
- Behavior Templates: export behaviors in a shared template directory and import them in any scene.
- Triggers Handles: get an easy access to the behavior triggers by using the triggers handle and easily share conditions between multiple triggers.
Behavior Editor improvements: Custom Behavior Library (bottom left) and trigger handles
For more information about Golaem Crowd:
- see release notes
- get your free & unlimited Personal Learning Edition (PLE)
- meet the Golaem team at Siggraph Asia (booth #C19), Paris FX, Game Connection Paris