Steer Behavior (beSteer) adds a goal to flock Entities in addition to Flock Behavior.
For more information on flock concepts, see Flock Locator.
- Behavior Editor / Behavior Library:
- Golaem Menu: Crowd Behaviors / Behaviors / CrowdBeSteer Node
- MEL command: glmCrowdBeSteerCmd;
Steering Weights Management
All Steer Behaviors are stacked according to their weight, which allow to flee some targets while seeking others.
For wander mode, as no target position is available, a constant Weight can be given to the wander effect.
For seek or flee mode, the weight can be further tweaked to be decreased (or increased) when boids are far from target.
3 Weights interpolation zones are defined :
- from 0 to Min Distance, for seek mode only, weight will be linearly interpolated from 0 to Weight At Min Distance, else Weight At Min Distance will be used on all range. This is meant to preserve a natural flock volume, else the boids would tend to crowd around target.
- from Min Distance to Max Distance, weight will be linearly interpolated from Weight At Min Distance to Weight At Max Distance
- beyond Max Distance, Weight At Max Distance will be used
Default values define a Max Distance to 0, so that Weight At Max Distance default value 1 will be used at any distance, insuring that a single Steer behavior freshly dropped will behave as intended.
Final boid steering = ( weighted mean of Steer Behaviors + Flock Behavior output + steering to Flock Locator center if outside of the locator radius ), constrained by boid properties (mass, max force, speed).
Steer Mode Attributes
The flock goal can be :
|Wander Steering Weight||
Constant steering weight used for blending with other flock & steer behaviors (see Steering Weights Management section above).
|In Target Poptool||
For seek or flee modes, the reference points are defined by a Population Tool Locator
First characteristic distance used (smallest one). Should be let to 0 for flee mode.
Second characteristic distance used (greatest one)
|Weight At Min Distance||
Steering weight used when a boid is at Min Distance. For seek mode, linear interpolation is done on weight until it reaches 0 at 0 distance. When min distance and weight are used, it avoids compressing flock near seek target (see Steering Weights Management section above).
|Weight At Max Distance||
Steering weight used when a boid is at, or beyond, Max Distance. Linear interpolation is done on weight from this value to Weight At Min Distance (see Steering Weights Management section above).
Visual Feedback Attributes
Notice that these attributes can also be configured in the Crowd Visual Feedback
Enable or disable the influence.
|3d Influence||Enable or disable the 3d influence.|
Color of the locator
Transparency of the locator